7 Bright Occupational Sectors in Florida Worth Joining
家族乱伦Florida is more than just a popular tourist destination. It is also a land of genuine opportunity for its over 20 million students and residents. In fact, the state's diverse workforce of more than 10 million employed people is the third-largest in America. And according to , the state's businesses generate more than $800 billion in GDP, which is greater than that of some entire countries.
It all means that the Sunshine State is a smart region to consider while planning your education and career. Just look at a few more facts:
- The notes that the state's population is already the third-largest in the country. And according to the , Florida's population is expected to rise by almost 23 percent in only two decades (from 2020 to 2040).
- Census data shows that Florida has four big metropolitan areas with populations of more than one million people: Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville.
- from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity indicate that more than 865,000 new jobs could become available in the state between 2019 and 2027.
- It's predicted that, by 2021, more than of all jobs in Florida will require some form of post-secondary education or training.
家族乱伦Of course, it helps to know where a lot of the best opportunities are likely to be in the years ahead. So as you consider your options for moving forward, be sure to explore these seven career areas:
1. Business, Financial, and Office Administration
家族乱伦Florida's large variety of industries has generated a vibrant market for professionals with up-to-date skills related to business and finance. It's easy to get a sense of their impact. For example, just consider the contributions of companies within the state that trade their products internationally. Enterprise Florida says that collectively, they traded more than $153 billion worth of goods in 2018.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity says that already, upwards of 204,000 Floridians perform some type of accounting or bookkeeping work. And by 2027, more than 748,000 of the state's residents are expected to have careers in office and administrative support, with another 629,550 employed in financial services.
家族乱伦It's no secret that Florida is where many retirees choose to move and call home in their later years. But a large number of the state's existing residents are also approaching retirement. It's all adding up to a major demographic shift that is creating a greater need for skilled medical practitioners and health support professionals. The facts are compelling:
- The Office of Economic and Demographic Research says that between 2020 and 2040, the population of Floridians aged 65 and over is expected to grow by almost 53 percent. As a result, people in that age group will account for about one-quarter of the state's residents in 2040 (up from about 20 percent in 2020).
- By 2027, more than 1.3 million jobs for workers in healthcare and social assistance are expected to exist within the state, according to the Department of Economic Opportunity. That's an increase of nearly 15 percent from 2019.
- Florida is home to a large healthcare infrastructure, which means that qualified workers have many potential employers to choose from. For example, Enterprise Florida notes that the state has more than 720 hospitals, 260 biotech firms, and 220 pharmaceutical manufacturing companies.
3. Tourism and Recreation
家族乱伦People from all over the world choose Florida as a place to getaway to—for good reason. With more than 1,200 miles of coastline, long stretches of white sandy beaches, thousands of lakes, and the famous Florida Keys, the Sunshine State is a true natural wonder.
But Florida is also a recreational and entertainment powerhouse. For instance, it has than any other state. This creates plenty of opportunity for those who choose to get training in golf operations and management.
家族乱伦And major attractions like Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, and the Kennedy Space Center help draw millions of visitors to the state each year.
家族乱伦In fact, about traveled to Florida in 2018. That enabled the state's tourism industry to employ well over one million people.
And, of course, you can't forget about the dining element. Culinary家族乱伦 professionals are always in real demand across the state, especially in popular visitor destinations.
家族乱伦A lot of Florida's tourists (and residents) also seek to be pampered with massages, spa treatments, or even just new hairstyles. That's why Department of Economic Opportunity projections show that, by 2027, about 51,500 Floridians will work as hairstylists or cosmetologists.
5. Technology and Design
For a state with so many other things going for it, you might be surprised to learn that this region also plays host to a lot of creative innovation. Enterprise Florida says that roughly 311,800 Floridians work in the broad sector of information technology. They include digital media specialists, programmers, network systems professionals, and web developers.
Plus, by 2027, about 165,000 people could be employed within the category that includes creative pros like 3D artists and animators, graphic designers, audio engineers, and filmmakers. That's according to the Department of Economic Opportunity.
6. Law, Criminal Justice, and Security
Because Florida has such a large and growing population, the need for professionals with a legal or criminal justice background is significant. Consider, for example, that about 50 state prisons and other facilities already employ around 24,000 people (according to the ). And think about these numbers:
- Enterprise Florida says that in 2016, almost 23,000 Floridians worked in the specialized field of defense electronics and equipment.
- By 2027, the Department of Economic Opportunity expects the state to have about 267,000 jobs for people in the field of protective services and over 30,000 jobs for legal specialists such as paralegals and legal assistants.
Some of Florida's most compelling industries involve things that fly, go into outer space, or cruise above or below the water. As a result, they employ a lot of tradespeople with distinctive skills. For example, in 2016 alone, the state's aviation and aerospace sector employed almost 94,000 people, including aircraft mechanics, says Enterprise Florida. And with active industries like ocean shipping and shipbuilding, many other opportunities exist for tradesmen and women skilled in unique and exciting areas like commercial diving and underwater welding.